The mission of the Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) program is to develop citizens of character dedicated to serving their nation and community
- JROTC is a 4-year program providing citizenship training and aerospace knowledge for high school students.
- Enrollment is open to all 9th - 12th grade students.
- Students are taught discipline and leadership while they learn among their peers as it is a cadet led program.
- There are three fields of study in JROTC including aerospace science, leadership education and physical training & drill.
There are no obligations of any sort for cadets who participate in Air Force JROTC. We do not recruit for the military and JROTC students do not have any military obligation.
- Air Force JROTC is completely free to every student. Students will be issued the JROTC uniform and will wear the uniform one day per week.
- Also, each student is issued one set of physical training (PT) clothes to be worn on the bi-weekly physical training days.
- Uniforms must be returned to JROTC at the end of each school term; however, PT clothes and shoes may be kept by the student.